Sunday 4 December 2016

A Greek poem

My philosophy of language(s) is perhaps similar to my philosophy towards life. We are who we are, we can surely reach out to many people and share what we can. Friendships of different kinds and order can form between people from all cultural backgrounds: there is always a side of us that can meet with the same side of another individual, and we should be able to celebrate and treasure this.

By the same token we experience life on many different levels depending on the language or languages we speak. Knowing more languages enriches us as people, broadens our scope and provides new insights into how we view things.

I write both in Greek and in English and it is in this capacity that I am posting one of my Greek poems. I hope those who share my views will forgive this transgression from the more “universal” English.

Θα στα παλιά

Θα γυρίσω πάλι
Στ’ ανθισμένα λόγια
Στις εικόνες χρόνων
Που αιωρούνται
Στις χαραμάδες της μνήμης

 Θα μου λες
Ποτάμια με πήραν
Θα είναι λέει
Ένα αγέρι μουσκεμένο
Μ’ απλωμένα χέρια

Θα είναι ένας
Μόνο ουρανός
Σκοτωμένος στο αίμα
Θ’ αντηχεί το σύμπαν σου

Μες το χοϊκό μου σxήμα

No comments:

Post a Comment